- Call or email to inquire about availability.
- Once your date is confirmed, a 50% deposit is due immediately to hold your date.
IMPORTANT: If you are booking a Lower Deschutes Trip, secure your BLM boater pass at this time. Failure to secure your boater pass will result in a non-refundable cancellation.
- Trip balance is due 2 weeks prior to your trip date.
Payments may be made by check, cash or card. Card payments will be charged an additional 3%.
Once your date is confirmed and deposit taken for a Lower Deschutes trip, you must secure your BLM boater pass. Failure to secure your boater pass will result in a non-refundable cancellation.
To reserve your boater pass:
- Go to https://www.recreation.gov/permits/251980
- Create an account (if you don’t already have one) by clicking ’Sign Up’ in the upper right corner of page.
- Once you have an account, go back to https://www.recreation.gov/permits/251980, making sure you are getting a Lower Deschutes River permit, sign in and click on the blue ‘Check Availability’ box on the right side of the page. Make sure ’Boater Pass (Non-Motorized)’ is selected in the drop-down menu.
- Under ‘Detailed Availability’ on the next page, indicate our ‘Launch Point’ (we will provide you with this info ahead of time) and our ‘Start Date on River’ per your reserved date(s). Indicate our ’Take Out Point’ (we will provide you with this info ahead of time) and our ‘End Date on River’ per your reserved date(s) and our ‘Group Size.’ Our group size is the number of people in your group, plus the number of guides working the trip (we will provide this info ahead of time).
- Double check your trip details, it’s easy to make mistakes! Click the green ‘Check Availability’ box to proceed. Click ‘Book Now’ at the bottom right side of the calendar.
- Follow prompts on the next page to complete additional account info.
- Scrolling down, it may ask for your birthdate.
- Confirm ‘Launch Location’ and ’Take Out Location.’
- Continue scrolling down and click the toggle indicating that this is a ‘Commercially Guided Trip.’ A drop-down menu appears, choose ‘SKOOKUM OUTFITTERS.’ This is a crucial step, be careful to choose the right guide service as there are many with ‘outfitter’ in their names.
- Scroll down through all the fine print and click ‘Agree’ at the bottom of page.
- Scroll back up the page to locate and click ‘Proceed to Checkout’ on the right side of the page.
- Confirm details on next page.
- Click ‘Proceed to Payment.’
- Complete your payment details on next page.
- Unless otherwise instructed ahead of time, print a copy of your pass and scan it or take a picture of it with your phone. Send the scanned image or photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life is crazy. Believe us, we know! We will always do our best to work through any special situations or emergencies that may cause our customers to cancel their trip. We want to be as easy and understanding as possible while still acknowledging that there are only so many guide days in a season and guiding is how we make our living.
Our cancellation policy is as follows:
- Cancellations less than 1 month prior to trip date will forfeit deposit.
- Cancellations less than 2 weeks prior to trip date will forfeit entire cost of trip.
- Trips cancelled and rescheduled will be charged a 10% fee.
- COVID: Cancellations due to state mandated travel restrictions or state mandated quarantines will be rescheduled at no additional cost.
- Drop-outs: If a single member on a group trip cancels and cannot find a replacement, the above policy applies to their portion of the trip fee.